It’s neither a clafoutis nor a jam, for a change…
We revisit without ever growing weary the association of tangy fruits and the softness of ice cream…
For 6 people
- 500g (1 lb) of pitted cherries
- 300ml (11/3 cup) of red wine
- 300ml (11/3 cup) of water
- 6 tbsp of agave syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick-1 vanilla pod
- 250ml (1 cup) of whippig cream
- 160g (5 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp of bitter almond extract
- A few pistachios
Prepare the ice cream in advance.
Mix the bitter almond extract with the sweetened condensed milk. Whip cream until stiff, then gently mix with the flavoured condensed milk. Pour in a suitable container and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Cut the cherries in half and pit them. Pour in a pan with the wine, the water, the agave syrup, the cinnamon stick and the halved vanilla pod. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes then let cool before setting aside in the fridge.
When ready to serve, place the ice cream on a bed of wine cherries and sprinkle with some crushed pistachios.
Plate: Bulle sable noir @ Bernardaud